Sunday, July 14, 2013

40. jeans + tee






top: StyleMint // jeans: Zara // necklace: JewelMint // Shoes: Target

This outfit is rather simple, but I wanted a blank canvas for my new necklace, which I'm absolutely in love with. The quality is really nice, and it feels special and eye-catching against a plain white tee. Clearly, I've been addicted to the Mint websites, ordering from StyleMint, JewelMint, and ShoeMint (not pictured in this outfit) within the past month. 
I also wore this necklace-tee combo with a faux leather skirt, different wedges, and a pink crossbody the other day. My friends and I went to see The Bling Ring, the new Sofia Coppola film about teens who rob celebrities. I enjoyed the movie a lot, especially the fascinating fashion and scenery (many scenes are filmed inside Paris Hilton's actual house). Here is a photo of that night's look (and some beautiful fountain posing):
I'm in the middle!
skirt: Forever 21 // bag: Nine West // shoes: Sam Edelman for American Eagle

Speaking of my friends, I wanted to share something (not fashion-related) with you. One of my good friends, Olivia, is a singer-songwriter. She just made a music video for one of the songs from her new album, which is on iTunes now! It would mean so much to me if you watch the video below; the song is cheery, fun, and will leave you feeling super happy :)



Cool, right!?
Like her Facebook page and check out her other songs on iTunes!

7 comments:

  1. simple and cute - love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post, i really enjoyed the bling ring too x

    Davina, davina-tian.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i thought it was a really cool movie, too :)

      Delete
  3. Cool jeans, back to happiness sounds like a nice song :), xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, and thanks so much for checking out Olivia's song; she will be so happy!

      Delete
  4. Being truly stylish and trendy in the way you dress is what places you apart from the masses. And indeed who wouldn't prefer to be recognized. Love that look

    ReplyDelete